Following a glorious opening 3 days in Germany our adventure continued in Paris the visceral depiction of cosmopolitan art and high society….to paraphrase an old Wu Tang song…Ooo la la merci wee wee bon bons and all that good stuff.
Truth be told we didn't hit any brew houses in the limited time we spent in Paris. In fact the first thing we drank was champagne (of course it was champagne I mean after all it was Paris). We did, however, pound a few solid brews and wine while we crammed in as much sight seeing as possible.
Check out the Video below where we condense 48 hours of our Paris adventure into a little over a minute!
Then on to our London adventure where I was able to cross an item off the bucket list. I got a chance to see my favorite football team - Chelsea FC play at Stamford bridge to close out their championship season. When they were finished thrashing Sunderland 5-1 despite going down 1 - zero early, they raised the Premier league trophy in the air in what was a magical celebration.
Check out this SWEET Chelsea Vid:
*loud crowd reaction causes audio to pop a little*
We did hit a few pretty good watering holes while in London. Shout out to:
The Westbury at 57 Westbury Ave, Wood Green, London N22 6SA, UK. Friendly and knowledgable staff with over a dozen beers on tap, including several casks dedicated specifically to London Craft beers. They also had some terrific authentic fish and chips!
Favorite beer - Punk IPA by BrewDog Scotland, United Kingdom. 5.6% ABV / 45 IBU. This light and refreshing brew has notes of grapefruit, pineapple and lychee on the nose and tongue. Finishes with slight bitter kick.
FUN FACT: Rachaels favorite UK brew - Old Mout Cider - Passion Fruit and Apple. 4% ABV. Notes of passion fruit and crisp apple on the nose and tongue. Light, refreshing and extremely crushable.
Honorable Mention: Madd Goose Purity Pale Ale by Purity Brewing Co England, United Kingdom. 4.2% ABV, IBU48. A pale ale with a smooth, citrusy and zesty finish. Brewed with English Maris Otter, Caragold and Wheat malts, with Pilgrim bittering hops and Cascade and Willamette aroma hops.
The Wellington at 351 Strand, London WC2R 0HS, UK - Not much of a diverse selection of beer but a great atmosphere and solid local London vibe.
Favorite beer - Fullers Champion Ale by Fuller’s ESB. 5.5% ABV. A strong, full-bodied ale with a smooth, mellow bitterness and crisp finish. This beer has won the following accolades:
- INTERNATIONAL BEER CHALLENGESILVER, 2012
- WORLD BEER CHAMPIONSHIPS WORLD CHAMPION, 1999
- WORLD BEER CUPGOLD, 2006
- CAMRA CHAMPION BEER OF BRITAINSILVER, 2008
Finborough Arms at 118 Finborough Rd, Kensington, London SW10 9ED, UK. Cool crowd and stand up folks behind the bar. Helped us drunk yanks get a cab back to the Air B and B. Thanks again Dave!
Favorite Beer - N18 by Clouded Minds Unit 5B Brailes Industrial Estate Winderton Road, Lower Brailes, Warwickshire, England. Enjoyable medium bodied session ale. Citrus, grass and dry malt on the nose and tongue with a slight bitter finish. We got a chance to meet one of the brewers who happened to be hanging at the pub. Cool Italian dude named Ricardo.
Honorable Mention: Blood Orange Wheat IPA by One Mile End Brew Pub at 1 Mile End Road,, Whitechapel, Greater London, England. Pours a hazy yellow gold like color. Notes of citrusy fruit and malt on the nose an tongue. Finishes with a hoppy kick.
Honorable Pub Mention: The Chelsea Pensioner. By the time we hit the Chelsea Mega Store, had dinner at the hotel and spent an hour in the 360 Delta Lounge with an open bar, the Pensioner was closed. We did manage to take a peak inside and get a Chelsea FC Flag……Keep the Blue Flag Flying High! #KTBFFH
Next time in London we need to hit the Jolly Butcher!
Check out the video recap of our London adventure!
Rachael and I had a blast on our vacation and we cant wait to do it again! Next time we plan on bringing our little dudes for their first ever vacation adventure.
Follow us on our Craft Beer Odyssey
Don’t forget to check out the BTBT YouTube Channel.
BTBT Your Home For All Things Craft Beer
Drink Local. Drink Fresh. Repeat
Need some glassware? Of course you do! Who doesn't? Check out Perfect Pint Glass to Explode Flavors and Maximize Beer Enjoyment.
- BTBT Episode 45 - Strong Rope
- BTBT Episode 44 - BierWax
- BTBT Episode 43 - Controlled Chaos Art Show
- BTBT Episode 42 - The Pittsburgh Take Over pt2
- BTBT Episode 41 - The Pittsburgh Take Over Part 1
- BTBT Episode 40 - Absurd Conclave Charity Event pt2
- BTBT Episode 39 - Absurd Conclave Charity Event Pt 1
- BTBT Episode 38 - Island to Island Brewery
- BTBT Episode 37 - 2017 Brew For A Cure
- BTBT Episode 36 - Zocktoberfest ‘17
- BTBT Episode 35 - 2nd Annual Beer In The Gardens
- BTBT Episode 34 - The Last Day of Summer Fest pt2
- BTBT Episode 33 - The Last Day Of Summer Fest pt1
- BTBT Episode 32 - Braven Brewing
- BTBT Episode 31 Craft Culture
- BTBT Episode 30 Coney Island Brewery
- BTBT Episode 29 - Home Brew and Hand Grenades
- BTBT Episode 28 Transmitter
- BTBT Episide 27 Bridge and Tunnel Brewery
Latest posts by Beer Today Beer Tomorrow (see all)
- Strong Rope Brewery - January 13, 2018
- 2017: Top 5 Episodes - January 4, 2018
- A sit down with Absurd Conclave and Juice Garden BK - November 15, 2017